Trial Court Budget Commission
Special/Emergency Meeting Notice
The Trial Court Budget Commission will meet at 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 31, 2016, by telephone conference call. The purpose of the meeting is consideration of a Fiscal Year 2017-18 Legislative Budget Request relating to Trial Court Security Coordinators. For additional information, please contact Donna Brewer at (850) 488-8414 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Persons with disabilities who need an accommodation to participate in the meeting should contact Donna Brewer, 500 South Duval Street, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1900, by phone 850-488-8414, or email: email@example.com. Persons using a TDD may contact Donna Brewer through the Florida Relay Service, 711. Upon request by a qualified individual with a disability, documents will be made available in alternate formats.
Summary of Functions
The Trial Court Budget Commission is charged with specific responsibility to:
- Establish budgeting and funding policies and procedures consistent with judicial branch plans and policies, directions from the supreme court, and in consideration of input from supreme court committees and from the Florida Conference of Circuit Judges and the Florida Conference of County Court Judges
- Make recommendations to the supreme court on the trial court component of the annual judicial branch budget request
- Advocate for the trial court component of the annual judicial branch budget request and associated statutory changes
- Make recommendations to the supreme court on funding allocation formulas and budget implementation
- Monitor trial court expenditure trends and revenue collections
- Recommend statutory and rule changes related to trial court budgets
- Develop recommended responses to findings on financial audits and reports
- Recommend to the supreme court trial court budget reductions required by the legislature
- Identify potential additional sources of revenue for the trial courts
- Recommend to the supreme court legislative pay plan issues for trial court personnel, except the commission shall not make recommendations as to pay or benefits for judges.
- Administrative Orders
- Commission Membership Listing
- Meeting Materials
- Meeting Minutes
- Operational Procedures
- Summaries of TCBC Budget Decisions Made
Committees of the TCBC