Current Job Opportunity
September 13, 2017
September 22, 2017
Judicial Assistant - County Court
Fourteenth Judicial Circuit Court, Panama City, Florida
$2,799.40 - $5,598.80 Monthly*
*The successful candidate will be hired at the minimum salary.
The essential function of the position within the organization is to provide responsible administrative, secretarial and
clerical support to the assigned county court judge’s office. The position is responsible for administrative, secretarial
and clerical tasks of high responsibility. The position works independently under general supervision according to some
procedures, developing work methods and sequences.
*The essential function of this position is to provide responsible administrative, secretarial, and clerical support to the assigned County Judge’s office.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Prepares and maintains the judge’s calendar, schedules, trials, motions, hearings, and conferences;
- Manages the judge’s criminal and civil dockets, including case flow and time standards;
- Provides organizational support for the judge’s caseload, including preparing orders, docketing, jury instructions and a list of pending cases, reviewing case files for accuracy and completeness;
- Screens telephone calls and visitors to the judge’s office and directs caller/visitor to proper personnel or agency;
- Composes correspondence, memoranda, directives, notices, orders, emails, and other documents;
- Performs routine clerical tasks, such as reviewing, distributing, and responding to incoming mail; ordering office supplies; maintaining files; and faxing, scanning, and copying; and
- Interacts with attorneys and litigants to resolve problems or other case-related issues.
Education and Training Guidelines
Additional relevant experience may substitute for the recommended educational level on a year-for-year basis and additional relevant education may substitute for the recommended experience on a year-for-year basis.
One year of college or vocational school education in paralegal, secretarial skills, computer operations or a closely
related field and three years of related experience.
*High school diploma or GED and two years of college or vocational education in paralegal, secretarial skills, or closely related field and six years of related experience preferred.
Copies, transcribes, enters, or posts data or information; compiles, examines, or evaluates data or information and possibly recommends action based on results.
Gives information, guidance, or assistance to people who directly facilitate task accomplishment; may give instructions or assignments to helpers or assistants.
Requires minimum responsibility for only small quantities of low cost items or supplies where opportunities for achieving economies or preventing loss are negligible.
Uses addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; may compute ratios, rates, and percents.
Reads journals and manuals; composes specialized reports and business letters using proper format and grammar; speaks to groups of coworkers and people outside the organization.
Complexity of Work:
Performs coordinating work involving guidelines and rules with constant problem solving; requires continuous, close attention for accurate results or frequent exposure to unusual pressure.
Impact of Decisions:
Makes decisions with moderate impact - affects those in work unit.
Handles machines, tools, equipment, or work aids involving some latitude for judgment regarding attainment of standard or in selecting appropriate items, such as computers, peripherals, or software programs such as word processing.
How to Apply
Submit an original and two copies of a current State of Florida Employment Application and verification of education to:
14th Judicial Circuit
P.O. Box 1089
Panam City, Florida 32402
For more information, please visit www.jud14.flcourts.org
Deliver in person to:
301 McKenzie Avenue
Panama City, FL 32401
Electronic applications will not be accepted.
Applicants will be subject to a criminal background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
If you need accommodation to participate in the application/selection process, please contact the person indicated on this announcement. If you are hearing impaired, please dial 711.