If you have a civil legal problem but cannot afford to hire a private lawyer, you still may have access to the legal system through your local legal services-legal aid organization which provides free or low cost legal services to persons with low incomes. Information about many of these local services can be found online through the websites listed below.
Local Legal Aid Website
- Florida Rural Legal Services (serving the Tampa Bay area: Dade City, New Port Richey, St. Petersburg, and Tampa)
- Bay Area Legal Services
- Brevard County Legal Aid, Inc.
- Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida, Inc. (serving 12 counties in Central Florida: Citrus, Hernando, Lake, Marion, Sumter, Orange, Osceola, Putnam, Volusia, and Seminole counties)
- FloridaLawHelp.org (Legal Aid Directory)
- MyFloridaCounty.com (Child Support)
- Florida Legal Services, Inc. (locations in Lake Worth, Miami, Newberry, and Tallahassee)
- Florida Justice Institute - Miami
- Florida Rural Legal Services (serving Bellglade, Fort Myers, Fort Pierce, Lakeland, Punta Gorda, and West Palm Beach)
- Heart of Florida Legal Aid Society, Inc. (serving Hardee, Highlands, and Polk Counties)
- Gulfcoast Legal Services (serving Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas and Sarasota counties)
- Jacksonville Area Legal Aid
- LawHelp.org is the gateway to legal aid providers in every state.
- Lee County Legal Aid Society, Inc.
- Legal Aid of Manasota (Sarasota, Bradenton and Venice)
- Legal Aid Society of Collier County, Inc.
- Legal Aid Society of the Orange County Bar Association, Inc.
- Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County
- Legal Services of North Florida (locations in Fort Walton, Panama City, Pensacola, Quincy, and Tallahassee)
- Legal Services of Greater Miami, Inc. (serving Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties)
- Seminole County Bar Association Legal Aid Society
- Southern Legal Counsel
- Three Rivers Legal Services (serving 17 counties within Gainesville, Jacksonville, and Lake City)
- Legal Aid Service of Broward County
- Coast to Coast Legal Aid of South Florida