Standards for Access to Electronic Court Records
- As recommended by the Florida Courts Technology Commission and to facilitate appropriate differentiated levels of
access to court records, the Supreme Court has adopted Standards for Access to Electronic Court Records and an Access Security Matrix.
Each clerk of court must use the approved On-line Electronic Records Access Application to apply for approval of
its electronic records access system and approval to provide online access to electronic court records. For further
for Electronic Access to the Courts
- The Supreme Court set statewide standards for e-filing for clerks to use when implementing e-filing due to the
Legislature’s request. These standards specify the required information the clerks need to perform their duties and
that the judiciary needs for case management as stated in AOSC09-30.
Court Application Processing System (CAPS)
- CAPS is a computer application designed for in-court and in-chambers use by trial judges or their staff to access and
use electronic case files and other data sources in the course of managing cases, scheduling and conducting hearings,
adjudicating disputed issues, and recording and reporting judicial activity.
and Interoperability Document
- Identifies hardware and software platforms, network infrastructure, and methods for data exchange. This document
is mainly used by the court technology officers.
- This document is a specification developed by the OASIS LegalXML Electronic Court Filing Technical Committee. It
defines a technical architecture and a set of components, operations and message structures for an electronic court filing
system, and sets forth rules governing its implementation.
- The FCTC approved the Notification of System Modification form to be aware of major modifications to current
systems or the implementation of new systems that affect the judiciary. If you make such changes, please complete the form
and email it to Lakisha Hall.
- These standards identify the specifications to standardize the transfer of data between two or more data systems while
remaining flexible enough to tailor the exchange particulars required to the specific needs of those systems.
Draft Consolidated Standards
- This document is a consolidation of all of the technical and functional court technology standards.