Dependency Court Information System
FDCIS is for judges, magistrates, and court staff to utilize. FDCIS is a web-based case management system that provides judiciary with resources to ensure timeliness of court events, with a goal of achieving positive outcomes for Florida’s abused and neglected children. It provides uniform and reliable data to meet appropriate timeframes. The system utilizes data exchanges with various agencies to eliminate duplicate data entry and enriches the breadth and depth of dependency case knowledge.
Benefits and Features
- FDCIS allows judges and court staff to view data elements from the Department of Children and Families’ Florida Safe Families Network- system, including out of county services data, primary and concurrent goal data, current placement, Indian Child Welfare Act eligible status, all legalactions, and much more.
- FDCIS allows judges and court staff to view deliquency youth "face sheet" information and run a report of the current crossover cases.
- FDCIS allows judges and court staff to view the progress and current status of formally placing a child across state lines. This information is from the Department of Children and Families’ Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children.
- Data is displayed without need for court employee data entry.
- Is easy to use, understand and navigate.
- Provides for secure access to statewide dependency data from many web-enabled devices.
- Is customized to display cases based on an individual user’s needs.
- Prioritizes the display of cases by those cases in need of attention first.
- Contains a case summary page that lists the most pertinent details about a case.
- Provides alerts for overdue hearings and warnings for hearings due within 30 days.
- Tracks the outcomes of individual hearings.
- Allows the user to search for a case by person, case, or event/hearing information.
- Is a child-based or person-based system, which allows hearings and events to be associated with one or more children (or persons) in a case rather than with the entire case.
- Contains a rich set of management reports including court performance measurements recommended by the United States Department of Justice.
- Provides future hearings/events based on stated and federal law and the outcomes of the previous hearings.
- Allows court employees to correct CCIS data for the purposes of court administration as well as add new dependency case information to FDCIS. All changes received from CCIS and/or made by FDCIS users are tracked and displayed in a change history screen.
- Provides the ability to record and view related case information.
- To request access to the Florida Dependency Court Information System or receive additional information, please contact: email@example.com
If you have a family law related issue please contact the Florida Supreme Court Self-Help Center firstname.lastname@example.org.