Jury Selection Pool Plans
Effective April 9, 2007, the Supreme Court of Florida approved administrative changes to the way juror pool selection plans (formerly automated local rules for jury selection) are submitted, processed, and approved.The intent of this change is to enhance and streamline the review/approval process and to provide for better communication between the clerks’ offices and the Office of the State Courts Administrator (OSCA).The following memorandum with attachments provides for the new procedures.
- Guidelines - Plans are now submitted to the OSCA rather than the Clerk of the Supreme Court
- Checklist - Involving source lists, algorithms, random number generator programs, etc.
- FAQ - Frequently asked questions
- Clerk's Submission Letter Template
- Chief Judge Approval Letter Template
- 1997 Source List Change Memorandum
For more information about the above memo or attachments, call (850) 922-5094.