Current Job Opportunity
JOB OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
FOURTH DISTRICT COURT OF APPEAL
WEST PALM BEACH, FLORIDA
POSITION TITLE: Marshal – District Court
DATE: December 13, 2012
CLOSING DATE: January 31, 2013 (This is an Open Until Filled announcement)
SALARY: $102,646 Annually
The Marshal’s responsibilities are defined by article V, section 4(c) of the Florida Constitution, section 35.26 of Florida Statutes, and section 2.201(c) of Florida Rules of Judicial Administration.
The Marshal serves at the pleasure of the court’s judges and works under the Chief Judge’s supervision in the day-to-day management of the court, pursuant to policies adopted by the judges. The Marshal works with the Chief Judge in the budgetary process and serves as the court’s chief operating and chief financial officer. The Marshal also serves as the court’s public information officer and business records custodian. The Marshal’s duties include the following:
- Prepare operational budget, project estimated costs, anticipate organizational changes and the associated cost, and prepare annual legislative budget requests.
- Monitor expenses, maintain financial records, prepare and certify payroll, certify funds to complete budget year, and monitor travel expenses and voucher preparation.
- Make and authorize purchases necessary for day-to-day operations.
- Ensure timely payment of all authorized expenses.
- Serve as court liaison with various local and state agencies and departments.
- Maintain appropriate insurances.
- Ensure safety, protect court personnel, and implement and execute emergency procedures. Maintain Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP).
- Coordinate with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies in order to carry out security mission.
Facility and Personnel Management:
- Act as custodian of the court’s headquarters.
- Handle contract management, supervise all purchasing, and maintain all records in connection with facility maintenance.
- Serve as the court’s human resource officer, chief compliance officer for the Personnel Regulations Manual – Florida State Courts System, and custodian of all personnel records.
Graduation from an accredited four year college or university with a Bachelor degree or minor course work in public administration, accounting or business administration, and a high level of academic achievement.
Five years experience in executive management or court administration with emphasis in accounting and budgeting;
Preference will be given to applicants with a Master's degree in one of the above areas; experience in court security; civilian or military law enforcement.
Finalist under consideration for this position will be subject to a satisfactory background check which includes, but is not limited to, criminal background check, credit history, finger-printing, and references check.
How To Apply:
Submit a current and complete State of Florida Employment Application, a resume with references, and a writing sample to the People First Service Center online at https://peoplefirst.myflorida.com.
An application must be submitted for the position listing the appropriate class title and position number for which you are applying. Your application must be received by 11:59p.m. on the closing date.
The successful applicant will be subject to a criminal background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
If you need an accommodation in order to participate in the application/selection process, please call (561) 242-2111 in advance.the contact person at the number indicated for each respective position. Persons using a TDD may call the contact person through the Florida Relay Service 1-800-955-8771.